Our Community Impact
As our mission states, the Cherry Blossom Chapter is a philanthropic organization committed to community service. Our chapter actively supports our local community as well as national initiatives. From April 1, 2017-March 31, 2018, our Chapter volunteered 7,760 hours with our partner philanthropies. Based on the 2017 Estimated Value of Volunteer Time, these volunteer hours have a value of $191,594.
The dedicated and valuable service by our Chapter has earned prestigious community service awards. The U.S. House of Representatives awarded the Chapter the 2010 Shelter House, Inc. Volunteer Award. In 2014, the Chapter was bestowed the Fairfax County Volunteer Service Award in the Youth Volunteer Group category, and in 2017 we received the Women Giving Back Group Volunteer Award from our partner philanthropy, Women Giving Back.
The Cherry Blossom Chapter supports the following philanthropic organizations:
- ALS – Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Avon Foundation for Women
- Credit Union Cherry Blossom Race
- Down Syndrome Buddy Walk
- Fairfax County Parks and Recreation
- Fairfax Nursing Center
- Food for Others
- Habitat for Humanity
- HOPE in Northern Virginia, Inc.
- Honor Flight
- Joey Pizzano Memorial Fund (JPMF)
- Katherine Hanley Family Shelter
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Make-A-Wish Mid Atlantic, Inc.
- Northern Virginia Family Service
- Operation Homefront
- Special Olympics
- Wolf Trap Foundation
- Women Giving Back